the best baby swing for small spaces. They are great because they allow you to move around without having to worry about where your child is.
When choosing a baby swing, you want to look for features such as safety and comfort. There are several types of swings out there, from simple ones that attach to the crib or playpen to more elaborate models that include music and other fun features.
There are many benefits of using a baby swing, such as allowing your baby to stay close to you instead of being confined to their crib. This gives them a sense of security and helps them fall asleep faster.
Also, it allows you to be with your baby when they need feeding or changing. You can also use it to entertain your little one while you’re getting ready for work or doing chores around the house.
Which Swing Is Right for Me?
If you’re wondering which type of swing would be ideal for you, here’s a list of our top picks:
- Graco, Soothe My Way Swing with Removable Rocker
- Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat
- Munchkin Bluetooth Enabled Lightweight Baby Swing
Here are our top 12 picks for the best baby swing For small Spaces
Let’s start by taking a look at some of the different styles of baby swings available on Amazon:
- Graco, Soothe My Way Swing.
- Fisher-Price Deluxe.
- Munchkin Bluetooth Enabled.
- Moms mamaRoo 4.
- Nova Baby Swing for Infants.
- Ingenuity converts me.
- Graco Simple Sway Swing.
- Ingenuity Swing ‘n Go Portable Baby Swing.
- Fisher-Price Baby Swing.
- Graco Duet Glide Gliding Swing.
- Fisher-Price Baby Swing.
- Fisher-Price Woodsy Wonders.
1. Graco, Soothe My Way Swing with Removable Rocker, Madden.
Graco’s Soothe My Way swing is an innovative swing seat that provides gentle motion for your child’s development. The swing can be used in two different positions – as a traditional swing or as a rocking chair.
This swing has eight soothing motions in two directions for up to 16 different ways to soothe your child’s swing. The large removable body support offers additional comfort while the multi-directional seat allows your child to face forward, left, or right.
Graco Product Features:
- Eight soothing motions in two directions.
- Two positions: Traditional swing or rocking chair.
- Large removable body support.
- Multi-directional seat.
- Easy assembly.
- Sturdy construction.
- Soft fabric cover.
- Machine washable.
- Available in four colors.
- For ages 6 months to 5 years.
2. Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat.
This portable baby swing and stationary infant chair combo from Fisher-Price is perfect for soothing your little one while they nap or play. The swing has six different speeds and two modes, while the seat can be used as an infant car seat or a stationary chair. With its calming music, nature sounds, and vibration options, it’s sure to put your little one to sleep. Plus, there are two birdies hanging above your child’s head. They can reach them if they want to pick up the birds. This swing and seat combination is easy to fold up and store away when you’re done using it.
Fisher-Price Product Features:
- Six swing speeds and two modes.
- Vibration option available.
- Two birdies hang above your child’s head.
- Nature sounds and lullabies included.
- Machine-washable seat pad.
- Soft, machine-washable seat pad with newborn insert.
- Folds easily for storage.
- Easy-to-use controls.
- Includes a carry bag.
- For ages 0-3 years.
3. Munchkin Bluetooth Enabled Lightweight Baby Swing.
Munchkin has taken the best of baby swings and created the world’s first truly wireless baby swing! This innovative product was awarded the “Best of Baby Awards” by The Bump magazine as well as won the prestigious Parents Choice Award for Best Product Innovation.
With its sleek design and intuitive touchscreen controls, it’s easy to use and fun for both parent and baby. Simply place your baby inside the seat and let the gentle rocking motions take them off to dreamland. With five different ranges of motion, this swing emulates parents’ natural swaying movement and helps promote healthy development.
Munchkin Product Features:
- Wireless remote control lets you operate the swing from anywhere in the room.
- Built-in speakers provide soothing sounds.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble for convenient storage or travel.
- The headrest and padded backrest provide additional comfort.
- The seat pad and head support is machine washable and reversible.
- A reversible seat pad allows you to choose either left or right-facing.
- Safe and Secure – Designed to meet CPSC standards.
- Weight capacity: 20lbs.
- Dimensions: 36″ x 24″ x 32″
- Maximum height: 28″
- Maximum weight: 40 lbs
- Swing range: 10-30 inches
- Suitable age: Newborn to 2 years
- For ages 0-6 months.
4. Moms mamaRoo 4 Multi-Motion Baby Swing.
4moms’ mamaRoo is an innovative multi-motion swing that lets you rock your baby back and forth, bounce them up and down, and sway them from side to side. This swing has five unique movements, including bounce, sway, rock, roll, and spin.
With its plush fabric cover and built-in speakers, it offers a soothing environment for babies. And with the ability to control these movements via smartphone or tablet, makes parenting easier than ever before.
Moms mamaRoo 4 Product Features:
- 5 Unique Motions: Bounce your baby up and down and from side to side, as if they were bouncing along with their own personal music track.
- Bluetooth Enabled: Control 5 unique movements or adjust 4 built-in sounds right from your phone
- Seat Recline: Adjust the seat to any position for maximum relaxation.
- Machine Washable: Easy to clean, machine washable fabric cover and cushion are safe for your baby.
- AC Adaptor: No batteries needed; Power supply works between 100 and 240VAC (50Hz to 60Hz).
- Maximum Age: 6 months.
- Weight Range: Birth to 25 lbs (or when baby can stand up without support).
- Dimensions: 30″L x 16″W x 17″H.
- Material: Fabric, PVC foam.
5. Nova Baby Swing for Infants Motorized Portable Swing.
Nova Baby Swing is a motorized portable swing designed specifically for infants and toddlers who love to be rocked. It’s made of strong and durable materials that will last through many years of use.
It features a soft cushion and soft fabrics that create a warm, comforting environment where children feel relaxed and comfortable.
The swing also comes with a remote control that allows you to turn on/off the swing and select one of three songs. You can even play lullabies or nature sounds while your little ones enjoy the swinging experience.
Nova Baby Swing Product Features:
- Motorized Portable Swing: Made of sturdy material, this swing is easy to carry around and set up wherever you need it.
- Soft Cushion: Soft cushions offer a more relaxing rocking experience for kids.
- Remote Control: Turn on/off the swing, select one of three songs, and play lullabies or nature sound effects.
- Age: Infant and toddler.
- Max Weight Capacity: 35 pounds.
- Dimension: 39.75″ L x 26.25″ W x 19.25″ H.
- Material: Plastic & Wood.
6. Ingenuity ConvertMe Saving Portable Baby Swing.
This portable baby swing will be your little one’s new best friend! The Ingenuity Convert Me Swing-2-Sofa battery-saving portable baby swing is an innovative product that converts from a swing to a stationary seat. This compact baby swing folds up for convenient storage when not in use.
The swing has five swing settings, including two vibration modes, and it can play lullabies, nature sounds, and music. It comes with a plush seat pad and a removable headrest. The swing is easy to operate and quiet. It is made of high-quality materials and is safe for babies.
Ingenuity converts me to Swing Product Features:
- Converts from swing to the stationary seat.
- 5 swing settings, including 2 vibration modes.
- Plush seat pad and a removable seatback.
- Easy operation.
- Quiet motor.
- 12 melodies and 4 nature sounds.
- Removable headrest.
- Safe for babies.
- Folds up for easy storage.
- Dimensions: 11 x 7 x 15cm/4.3 x 2.8 x 5.9 inches.
- Weight: 3kg.
- Material: Steel & ABS plastic.
- Battery type: Lithium-ion battery.
- Power source: AC adapter.
- Voltage: 110-240V 50/60 Hz.
7. Graco Simple Sway Swing.
Graco’s new Simple Sway™ swings are gentle, side-to-side sweeping motions that gently rock your child back and forth while soothing them to sleep or helping them fall asleep. The swings have deep plush seats and head supports, which keep babies comfortable and cozy during their nap time.
They’re small enough to fit almost anywhere in your house, making it easy to take your baby wherever you go. And they come with two speeds for different needs.
Graco Product Features:
- Two-speed vibration allows you to choose between low-speed and high-speed modes.
- A deep plush seat and head support keep the baby cozy and comfortable.
- The large, easy-grip handle makes it easier than ever to pick up and put down the swing.
- Soft fabric cover protects furniture and floors.
- Easy-to-clean surface resists stains and mildew.
- Suitable for children ages birth – 12 months.
- Includes a free carrying bag.
- Dimensions: 23.5L x 20W x 14H cm / 9.1 x 7.9 x 5.5 inches.
- Weight: 6 kg.
- Material: Fabric + PVC.
- Age: 0-12 months.
- Power Source: AC power cord included.
- Voltage: 110-120V, 50/60Hz.
8. Ingenuity Swing ‘n Go Portable Baby Swing.
This portable baby swing is perfect for your little one! The Ingenuity Swing ‘N’ Go Portable Baby Swing -Hugs & Hoots- with Battery-Saving technology is ideal for traveling or when you’re out and about. This lightweight swing folds easily into its own carrying case for convenient storage.
The swing comes equipped with an automatic shut-off timer, five swing speeds, eight melodies, and three nature sounds. The seat pad is slip-resistant and age range from newborn and up.
A whisper-quiet motor makes this swing a breeze to operate. The seat pad can be removed for easy cleaning. The swing has volume control and three timer settings: 30,45 and 60 minutes. The battery lasts up to three hours.
Ingenuity Swing Product Features:
- Easy to fold.
- Battery-saving technology.
- 5 swing speeds, 8 melodies, 3 nature sounds.
- Slip-resistant seat pad.
- Age range newborn and up.
- Volume control and 3 timers settings:30, 45, and 60 minutes.
- Auto shut off timer: shuts off automatically after a set time.
- Whisper-quiet motor.
- Comes with a carrying bag.
- Weight: 4 lbs.*Dimensions: 18″L x 12″W x 7″ D *Note: Weight listed is approximate.
- Material: Plastic + Rubber.
- Age: Newborn to 24 months.
- Power Source: Batteries required (included).
- Voltage: 120 VAC.
9. Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Swing.
My Little Snugabunny swings are the most popular baby swing on the market today. They’re easy to set up, easy to use, and they’re fun! The My Little Snugabunnys has been around since 1992 and has sold over 7 million units worldwide.
Now, there’s a new generation of My Little Snugabunnys with more swing options, more music, more safety features, and more ways to make your little one happy.
- Includes 2 swinging motions to help soothe baby: rock baby side-to-side like a cradle or swing her head-to-toe just like a traditional baby swing.
- 6 swing speeds, 16 songs, and nature sounds.
- Two-position recline with 3 adjustable seats: Right-facing, Center, Left-facing.
- Easy to convert to different swinging positions–just press the button and turn.
- Machine-washable seat cover with Delux My Little Snugabunny body insert and bunny ears’ head support.
- Motorized mobile with mirrored sphere; soft birds fly overhead.
- Tethered plush bunny toy–a perfect first friend for babies.
- Baby’s favorite music is always nearby.
- Ages 0-24 months.
- *Note: Some assembly required.
- Weight: 11 lbs.
- Voltage: 110-120V.
10. Graco Duet Glide Gliding Swing with Portable Rocker.
Graco Duet Glide is an innovative new swing seat designed specifically for babies who are too young to sit up but still want to enjoy the benefits of a rocking motion.
The unique swinging or gliding motions allow parents to choose from four different soothing motions to comfort their baby. Simply adjust the swing speeds to find the perfect rhythm for the baby.
Graco Duet Product Features:
- Unique swinging or gliding motions soothe the baby.
- Adjustable swing speeds so the baby can find the perfect rhythm.
- The vibrating seat provides gentle vibrations for the baby.
- Carry handle allows parents to easily transport seats from room to room.
- Choose from 4 soothing motions – swinging or gliding left-right or front-back.
- The seat adjusts from 5″ to 16″ wide.
- Easy to clean seat cover.
- Comes with a carrying case.
- Dimensions: 17.75 x 11.5 x 24 inches.
- Weight: 6 pounds.
- Voltage: 110-120V AC.
11. Fisher-Price On-the-Go Soothing Baby Swing.
This Fisher-Price On-the-Go soothing baby swing easily folds flat for convenient storage and travel. The adjustable canopy provides sun protection while six different swinging speeds provide an ideal range of motion for your little one. This swing helps promote healthy sleep patterns and development.
The Fisher-Price® On-the-Go Soothing Baby Swing that Easily Folds and Packs are available in many bright colors, making it fun for the baby to play with.
It folds up easily, allowing it to take up less space in your nursery.
The swing folds down to a compact size, and the swing is constructed with soft fabric and a plush seat, which can be removed to make it suitable for use on a crib. The Fisher-Price® On-the-Go Soothing Baby Swing that Easily Folds and Packs come with a convenient carry handle, making it easier for parents to move around the room.
Fisher-Price Product Features:
- Easy to open and close for portability.
- Six different swinging speeds for optimal movement.
- Sun canopy with UPF 20 protects baby from harmful UV rays.
- Canopy adjusts to four positions.
- Recyclable packaging is made of 100% recycled plastic.
- Machine washable seat covers included.
- Ages 18 months+.
- Weight: 14 pounds.
- Voltage AC 120/220v 50Hz.
12. Fisher-Price Woodsy Wonders 2-In-1 Deluxe Swing.
Woodsy Wonders 2-in-1 Deluxe Swing, dual motion rocking baby swing with removable rocker seat for travel soothing. The Woodsy Wonders 2-in-1 Deluxe Swing provides two different swinging motions – side-to-side and head-to-toe.
This unique design allows babies to experience both motions while they are sleeping. With six swing speeds, soothing vibrations, and 16 soothing music/sounds options, it will provide your little one with hours of fun and relaxation. The perfect fit seat, specifically designed for babies’ comfort, is machine washable and includes plush head support. This product comes with an easy-to-follow assembly guide and instructions.
Fisher-Price Product Features:
- Two swinging motions: Side-to-Side and Head-To-Tee.
- Six swing speeds.
- Calming vibrations.
- 16 soothing music/songs and sounds options.
- Soft plush head support.
- Easy to follow assembly guide and instruction.
- Machine-washable seat pad and plush head support.
- Woodsy Wonders seat pad is machine washable.
- Includes plush head support.
- Ages 0-3 years old.
- Weight: 15 pounds.
- Voltage 115V / 220V / 60HZ.
What is a baby swing?
A baby swing is a device designed to hold babies while they sleep or play. It can be suspended from a ceiling or wall, or placed on a table or floor.
Baby swings are often made of wood, metal, plastic, or canvas. Some have a canopy, others don’t. They may also be equipped with toys, lights, music boxes, or other features. The best baby swings have adjustable seats so that they can fit all sizes of infants.
How do you choose which type of swing is right for you?
The first thing to think about is the size of your home. If you live in an apartment or condo, then a portable swing will probably not work well for you. However, if you have a large backyard, then you could install a permanent swing set.
Another factor to consider is how much space you have available. Most swings come with wheels, and this makes moving them easy. But some swings do not have wheels, and these are usually stationary. So, if you plan to place your baby swing near an open window or balcony, make sure it has wheels.
You should also take into account whether you plan to use the swing often. If you only use it occasionally, then a cheap model might suffice. On the other hand, if you plan to use it every day, then you’ll want something sturdy and durable.
You should also consider what kind of environment you expect your baby to spend most of his time in. A swinging seat will likely keep him occupied for longer periods than a bouncer or glider. However, if you expect a lot of activity in the room at night, then a bouncer might be a better choice.
If you’re unsure about any of these things, then you can always buy a few different models and try them out. Once you find the style that works best for you, you can save money by buying just one.
What is the most compact baby swing?
We recommend you choose our mini swing which is the smallest size.
How do I know if my baby needs a swing?
You should consider getting a swing when your baby is at least 3 months old because many experts agree that babies who spend more time in swings tend to have better motor skills later on.
Can I use my own swing instead of buying one?
Yes! If you already have a swing, we recommend using it as long as it fits your child’s height.
What age is best for a baby swing?
4.5 years old or older.
Is it OK to put a newborn in a swing?
No. Newborns need to be held by their mother or someone else. They can’t be left alone in a swing.
How often should I clean a swing?
Every few weeks.
How much does a swing cost?
There are lots of factors that affect the price including material and style. Our prices start at around $100.
Does a swing keep the baby warm?
A swing won’t keep babies warm but it will help them sleep longer.
Can I buy this swing online?
Yes. We offer free shipping on orders over $99.