Are you looking for the best bottle for breastfed babies who refuse to take their bottles? If yes, then you came to the right place.
In this article, I’ll share with you some of the best bottles for breastfeeding babies who don’t want to drink from a bottle.
Breastfeeding has many benefits for both mother and child. The World Health Organization recommends exclusive breastfeeding for six months or longer. This means that mothers should only feed their babies with breast milk.
Breast milk contains many nutrients that are essential for the growth and development of infants. These include proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, hormones, antibodies, and other substances.
Best Our Top 10 Picks for the Best Bottles for Breastfeeding Babies Who Refuse Bottle.
What Are the best Best Bottles for Breastfeeding Babies?
- Lansinoh Baby Bottles.
- Chicco Duo 9oz. Hybrid.
- Munchkin Latch Anti-Colic.
- Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle.
- Evenflo Feeding Balance.
- Dr. Brown’s Options.
- Playtex Baby Nurser Bottle.
- Nanobebe Baby Bottles.
- Tommee Tippee.
1. Lansinoh Baby Bottles for Breastfeeding Babies.
Lansinoh Baby Bottles are made with the highest quality materials including stainless steel and Tritan™ plastic. The patented air vent system allows for gentle airflow through the nipple which helps prevent plugged ducts and reduces the risk of mastitis.
Each nipple has been tested to ensure it meets or exceeds FDA standards for safety. Lansinoh Baby Bottles come in five different sizes and three different colors so you can pick just the right one for your baby.
Lansinoh Product Feature:
- Made of Tritan™ plastic and stainless steel.
- Easy to clean and sanitize.
- Comes in five different sizes and four different colors.
- Patent-pending AirVent technology.
- Latch securely over the nipple.
2. Chicco Duo 9oz. Hybrid Baby Bottle.
The duo is the first-of-a-kind hybrid baby bottle that combines the best of both worlds the safety and ease of a plastic bottle with the pureness and beauty of a glass bottle. The result? A bottle that keeps your baby healthy while keeping your hands clean!
With its unique combination of glass and plastic, Duo offers parents the peace of mind that comes with knowing their baby is drinking only the purest possible liquid, but without having to worry about breaking a fragile glass bottle.
The duo is made from 100 percent recyclable materials and is dishwasher safe. Its design makes it easy to use and clean, and the silicone nipple is skin-like so your baby can easily find it.
Duo bottles are also FDA approved, BPA, BPS, and phthalate-free, and they’re made in the United States.
Chicco Duo Product Features:
- Hybrid Bottle – Glass & Plastic.
- 100% Recyclable.
- BPA Free.
- BPS Free.
- Phthalate Free.
- Skin Like Silicone Nipples.
- Soft Touch Handles.
- Silicone Lid.
- Siliconized Spouts.
- Soothing Sounds.
3. Munchkin Latch Anti-Colic Baby Bottle.
Munchkin Latch Anti Colic Baby Bottles are designed specifically for babies who have colic or gas issues. The unique design allows your baby to feed and sleep comfortably without any discomfort.
These bottles are made of BPA-free plastic and are completely safe for your baby. They come with three different size nipples which can be used as they grow.
Munchkin Product Features:
- Easy to clean – Simply wipe down with warm water and soap.
- No leaks – No air bubbles.
- Safe for baby – BPA-free plastic.
- Soft grip surface – This allows for easier handling.
- Unique design – Helps prevent colic and gas issues.
- Three different sized nipples – Can be used as your baby grows.
- Pump adaptor – Comes with pump adapter which makes it easy to transition to breastfeeding.
- Two-stage 1 nipple – Slow flow rate for older babies.
- One stage 2 nipple – Medium flow rate for newborns.
- Three sealing discs – Prevents leaking.
- Recommended by doctors – Doctors recommend these bottles for healthy feeding and sleeping.
- Stainless steel spout – Made to last.
- Dishwasher safe – No need to hand wash.
- Includes lid – Keeps contents fresh.
- Includes two extra nipples – Which makes transitioning between nipples simple.
- Made in the U.S.A. – Made in the USA with strict quality control standards.
- Lifetime warranty – If you ever need replacement parts we will send them at no cost.
4. Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle, Green, 5 Ounce.
Comotomo natural feel baby bottles are designed to most closely mimic breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection. The ultra wide-neck design allows easy cleaning by hand without a brush. Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwasher, and sterilizer.
The 5 oz bottle comes with a slow-flowing nipple suitable for newborns up to 3 months. Nipple and body are manufactured from 100% safe hygienic medical grade silicone. Dual anti-colic vents prevent unwanted air intake and reduce colic. Maximum temperature of bottle-180 degrees Celsius.
Comotomo Product Features:
- Ultra-Wide Neck.
- Hygienically Grade Silicone.
- FDA approved.
- Microwave, Boiling Water, Dishwasher & Sterilization Safe.
- Slow Flow Rate for Newborns.
- Ideal for Babies with Gas Issues.
- Minimum Weight Limit of 10 lbs.
- Comfortable Grip.
- Dishwasher Safe.
- BPA Free.
- Made In China.
5. Evenflo Feeding Balance + Wide Neck Glass Bottles.
Evenflo’s new Feeding Balance Bottle has been tested and proven to be the strongest glass bottle yet! This new bottle uses a unique, naturally sloped nipple design that promotes a healthy wide latch, helping babies get the most out of every breastfeeding session.
The bottle has been tested and proven by 97 percent of parents as recommended by them during their first year of life. With its 1-piece integrated vent, this bottle helps prevent colic, fussiness, and gas. And it has a slow flow rate for calm, easy feeding.
Evenflo Product Features:
- Strongest glass bottle yet; thermal shock resistant.
- A unique, naturally sloped nipple promotes a healthy, wide latch.
- Recommended by 97 percent of parents.
- 1-piece integrated vent helps prevent colic, fussiness, and gas.
- Slow flow rate for calm, hassle-free feeding.
- Easy-grip and comfortable shape.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Microwave safe.
- Oven safe up to 180 degrees F.
- Hand washes only.
6. Dr. Brown’s Options+ Wide-Neck Anti-Colic Glass Baby Bottle.
Dr. Brown’s Options+ bottles are made with pharmaceutical-grade borosilicate glass. This type of glass has been used in medicine since the 1800s.
It is highly resistant to breaking and shattering, making it ideal for infant feeding. It is also extremely hygienic because it won’t absorb bacteria as easily as plastic.
Dr. Brown’s Product Features:
- A wide-neck design makes it easier for your baby to get a firm grip on the bottle.
- The nipple has an anti-colic vent system which helps prevent spitting up and gas.
- The nipple can be cleaned using a bottle brush and warm water.
- The bottle comes with a lid that prevents any odors from escaping.
- The bottle can be used with or without the anti-colic venting system.
- The bottle is BPA-free and phthalate-free.
- The bottle meets FDA requirements for safe handling and storage.
- The bottle holds 5 ounces of liquid.
- The bottle measures 4 inches long x 2.5 inches tall x 1 inch deep.
- The bottle weighs only 6 ounces.
- The bottle will fit most car seats, strollers, and carriers.
- The bottle fits standard sippy cups.
- The bottle may be microwave safe. Please refer to the product label for specific instructions.
- The bottle should be hand washed and dried thoroughly after each use. Do not put the bottle in the dishwasher.
- The bottle should never come into contact with hot liquids, such as boiling water or coffee.
- The bottle cannot be frozen.
- The bottle cannot be heated above 140°F.
- The bottle must be kept away from direct sunlight.
- The bottle does not have a rubber seal around its opening.
- The bottle features a removable top cap.
7. Playtex Baby Nurser Bottle with Disposable Drop-Ins Liners.
Nurser bottles are designed to encourage natural breastfeeding. The unique shape of the nipple mimics the contours of your breast, encouraging proper latch and helping prevent sore nipples.
The drop-in liners are made of soft, flexible silicone and contract when the baby sucks, simulating breastfeeding. The liners are pre-sterilized and can be used up to three times before they must be thrown away.
Playtex Product Features:
- It- Easy to open and close.
- Conveniently sized for travel.
- Quick and easy to warm.
- No mess, no rinsing.
- Silicone nipples.
- Pre-sterilized disposable drop-in liners.
- Safe for babies under 12 months.
- Available in eight-ounce bottles.
- Made in the USA.
- Holds 8 oz.
- Includes 1 set of reusable liners.
- Size: 3″ diameter x 7.75″ high.
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Material: Food-grade silicone
- Color: White
- Care Instructions: Hand wash; line dry
- Packaging: Reusable liners
- Age/Weight Limits: Up to 12 months
8. Nanobebe Baby Bottles Breastmilk Starter Set.
This starter set includes everything you need to start feeding your newborn baby right away! The nanobebe baby bottles are made of BPA-free plastic and feature an easy-to-grip nipple that makes them easier than ever to hold and feed. They’re compatible with any standard size nipples and come with a built-in warmer for fast and safe warming of formula or expressed breast milk.
Nanobebe breast pumps have been awarded the TPM Award for Best Breast Pump. Their patented design allows mothers to easily express their milk without having to remove the pump from their body. The nanobebe breast pump has a unique double-chamber design that keeps the milk flowing smoothly and efficiently. The breast pump is also completely discreet, so it won’t draw attention to itself while you’re out and about.
Nanobebe Product Features
- Discreet design.- Double-chamber design.
- Easy to Use.
- Compact and lightweight.
- The patented design prevents leaking.
- It- Compatible with any standard size nipples.
- Includes one breast shield.
- Includes 2 pairs of tubing extension sets.
- Warmth indicator light.
- Comes with a storage bag.
- Suitable for infants up to 6 months old.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 4.5 x 5.1 x 0.9 inches.
- Weight: 1.2 ounces.
- Materials: BPA-free plastic.
- Care Instructions: Wash by hand in lukewarm water and air dry.
- Warranty Information: Lifetime warranty on parts and labor.
- Ages/Weights: Infant (0-6 Months).
- Gender: Unisex.
- Package Contents: 1 Nursing Bottle, 1 Breast Shield, 2 Pairs Of Tubing Extension Sets, Storage Bag.
9. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Baby Bottle.
Tommee Tippee has been making high-quality baby products since 1885. Their innovative products are known for their ease of use, safety, and superior performance.
The Tommee Tippees Closer To Nature Baby Bottles have an easy transition design, which allows them to be used as both a bottle and a breastfeeding cup.
The unique shape of the nipple makes it easier for your baby to latch on, while the slow flow nipple helps prevent colic. The nipple is made from silicone, which is hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and phthalate-free. This product is compatible with all Tommee Tippeys bottles.
Tommee Product Features:
- Ease of Transition: Designed to be used as both bottle and breastfeeding cup.
- Soft Silicone Nipple: Helps prevent colic.
- Ventilation Valve: Optimum venting anti-colic nipple valve for less air inflow and less discomfort for baby.
- Unique Shape: Easier for baby to latch on and prevents tongue thrusting.
- Phthalates Free: Hypoallergenic, Non-Toxic, and Phthalate Free.
- Safe For Babies 0-6 Months: Suitable for babies from birth to 6 months.
- BPA Free: No harmful chemicals or toxins.
- Made In USA: Made in America.
- Material: Food Grade Silicone
- Age/Weight: Infant (0–6 Months)
- Size: 8 oz.
- Color: Clear
- -Package Contents: One Closer to Nature Baby Bottle, 1 Instruction Manual
10. MAM Easy Start Anti-Colic Bottle & 9 oz (2-Count).
MAM® Easy Start™ Anti-Colic Baby Bottles are specially designed to reduce colic symptoms in 80 percent of babies. With its venting base, the bottle releases liquid slowly, reducing gas and colic symptoms caused by bubbles.
Its elongated nipple shape feels just like mom so new parents can easily switch between breastfeeding or bottle feeding. And because it’s made of BPA-free plastic, there’s no need for a separate bottle-warming device. Plus, these bottles are self-sterilized in three minutes using the microwave. No more worrying about cleaning up after your little one!
MAM Product Features:
- Venting base reduces colic symptoms in 80 % of babies.
- The elongated nipple shape feels just as natural as mom’s breast.
- Made of BPA Free Plastic.
- Self-Sterilizes in Three Minutes Using the Microwave.
- No Need for a Separate Bottle Sterilizer.
- Includes Two Baby Bottles with 2 Medium Flow Silicone Nipples, Newborn Essentials, and Unisex Design May Vary By State Laws.
- Use this set with any MAM bottle that fits a standard size sippy cup.
- Age/Weight: Infants (Newborn – 12 months).
- Size: 9 Ounces.
- Color: Black.
- Package Contents: Two Anti-Colic Baby Bottle, 1 Instruction Sheet.
How to Chose the right Bottle For Breastfeeding Baby Who Refuses Bottle
A bottle is a great way to feed your baby during the first few months. However, if your child refuses to take a bottle, there are many reasons why this may happen.
Some babies have a natural aversion to taking anything from their mother’s breast or nipple. Others may be teething and find bottles hard to chew. If your baby is refusing a bottle, here are some tips on how to choose the best bottle for a breastfed baby who refuses the bottle.
1. Choose an appropriate size
When choosing a bottle, make sure it fits well in your baby’s mouth. It should not be too big or small. A perfect fit will prevent discomfort and ensure proper feeding.
2. Select a material that is safe for your baby
Babies’ skin is very sensitive. Therefore, you need to select a bottle made out of non-toxic materials. Plastic bottles can contain BPA (bisphenol A), which is harmful to children. Instead, opt for stainless steel bottles. They do not leach chemicals into the food and water. Another option is glass bottles. They are easy to clean and sterilize.
3. Check the label
Make sure the bottle does not contain any added sugar, colorants, preservatives, or artificial ingredients. Look at the ingredient list carefully. You should avoid products containing corn syrup as they are high in glucose. Also, check whether the product is suitable for microwave use.
4. Buy a good quality one
If possible, buy a good quality bottle. Avoid buying cheap ones because they could break easily. Good quality bottles are usually made of stainless steel.
5. Use a nipple shield
You can also use a nipple shield when giving your baby a bottle. This prevents the nipple from being bitten by your baby.
What to do when a breastfed baby refuses a bottle?
If you are breastfeeding your baby, it is normal for him or her to refuse a bottle at times. This is because babies who have been exclusively breastfed for several months tend to lose their desire to drink from a cup.
However, if your baby has been drinking from a cup for more than three weeks, he may be ready to try a bottle. If your baby does not want to take a bottle, try switching to a pacifier instead. You can also offer water through a straw or a small glass.
How should I prepare my baby for his first bottle?
It is best to start introducing a bottle right away, even before your baby reaches 6 months old. Babies usually begin to show interest in taking a bottle around 4 months of age. Make sure to follow the instructions on how to properly warm the bottle.
Also, make sure that the nipple is clean and sanitized. Once you have prepared the bottle, place it near your baby’s mouth and give him a few seconds to see what he likes. He will most likely suck on the nipple immediately.
How do I get my breastfed baby to drink from a bottle?
Breastfeeding is one of the best things you can do for your child. It provides many health benefits, including providing antibodies against diseases like whooping cough, pneumonia, and diarrhea.
However, if your infant isn’t drinking enough milk, there are some simple steps you can take to encourage him or her to take more frequent feedings. Try these tips:
- Offer your baby a variety of foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and cereal. These foods contain nutrients that help promote healthy growth and development.
- Keep an eye out for signs of hunger. Your baby might cry when he or she is hungry. Pay attention to these cues so you can provide proper nutrition.
- When your baby starts eating solid food, gradually increase the amount of time between meals.
Can I use a different type of formula if my baby won’t take a bottle?
Yes! Many mothers find success by using a mix of breastmilk and formula. Using both types of milk together gives your baby the best nutritional blend, while still allowing you to continue nursing. Some moms choose to use a combination of breastmilk and a special formula called expressed human milk, which is available in stores.
The above article will guide you about the best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle. The article will tell you about the features of each product. So, read this article carefully and have a great experience with all products.